webui not working for me

Gunnar Mills gmills at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jan 6 16:38:57 AEDT 2020

On 1/3/2020 7:38 PM, Vijay Khemka wrote:

> I am trying to use webui but not getting anything working. I might be
> missing some steps.
>
> I did following.
>
>  1. npm install in repo directory.
>  2. Recompiled bmcweb with BMCWEB_INSECURE_DISABLE_XSS_PREVENTION on
>     and transferred bmcweb to target.
>  3. Run chrome browser with http://bmc-ip
>  4. I see blank page. Then tried with https and accepted certificates.
>  5. But still I see page with “refused to connect”

Hi Vijay,

Are you trying to run the webui locally (e.g. npm run-script server and
then browse to http://localhost:8080 )?

If so, something more like:
npm install
npm run-script server
Recompile bmcweb with BMCWEB_INSECURE_DISABLE_XSS_PREVENTION and
BMCWEB_INSECURE_DISABLE_CSRF_PREVENTION and transfer bmcweb to target.
Go to https://bmc-ip and accept the certificate
Go to http://localhost:8080 (could be running at a different port, check
npm run-script server output) and point at bmc-ip

If you are trying to build the webui for the BMC (npm run-script build)
and scp the files over, do you need to include the webui package group?

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/commit/fef8abbc78154abbd86ab9f0704e65ccb422f4de

The webui recipe creates the webui directory structure on the BMC.

> Please help me what else I need to do. I got 2 warning while
> installing NPM.

The warnings should not matter.

- Gunnar