Default Gateway for a system v/s Default gateway per Interface

Johnathan Mantey johnathanx.mantey at intel.com
Tue Apr 28 05:30:10 AEST 2020

Ratan,

Can you provide more info about how you plan to implement this?

The Redfish schemas already have a per IP addr Gateway entry, which OBMC
is ignoring. Is it better to modify the existing D-Bus schema (i.e.
versioning discussion), or just use what is presently in existence?

That said, doing as you propose melds better with how IPMI (i.e Set LAN
Configuration Parameter 12) works.

As Patrick pointed out, there's no IPMI or Redfish control over the
routing metric parameter. What are your thoughts on how to reconcile
applying a metric value?
I've long been desirous of getting Williams submission merged:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/phosphor-networkd/+/20799
as it can be used to improve the collection of netlink stats.

Redfish exacerbates this whole problem by allowing a collection of
static IP addresses (and a DHCP addr) per NIC, unlike IPMI which was
very one to one with IP addr/NIC.

Thanks for investigating this and working to implement a solution.

--
Johnathan Mantey
Senior Software Engineer