Fan PWM monitoring and control

rgrs rgrs at protonmail.com
Tue Sep 17 20:40:30 AEST 2019

Hi,

I need some help with phosphor hwmon related to fan sensors.

I'm trying to control Fans in a server motherboard using ADT7462 controller. Hw mon porting is done and the sysfs interfaces are working as expected.

While I am able to read RPM, i don't find pwm/target to control the fans exposed as dbus objects.

# busctl --no-page tree xyz.openbmc_project.FanSensor
Failed to introspect object / of service xyz.openbmc_project.FanSensor: The name is not activatable
No objects discovered.

I came across this post, I think it is similar to my issue. (https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/phosphor-hwmon/+/8353)

Please someone point to latest documentation or reference Fan porting from openBMC repo?
What are the exact fields in YAML that are used create FanPWM objects.

(I'm using Feb release in my sandbox, https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/release/release-notes.md#26-feb-4-2019)

Thanks,
Raj