Redfish OpenBMC OEM

James Feist james.feist at linux.intel.com
Wed Nov 20 06:04:48 AEDT 2019

On 11/19/19 10:03 AM, Joseph Reynolds wrote:
> On 11/19/19 10:23 AM, Gunnar Mills wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> The process seems a little light for adding OpenBMC OEM Redfish
>> properties and schemas. Can we establish a little more stringent
>> process for adding these? Can we try to upstream these to the Redfish
>> standard first before they are added as OpenBMC OEM? Do we need a
>> design template or someway to collaborate before the OpenBMC OEM
>> schema or properties are added? Are we okay if pretty
>> architectural-specific or company-specific properties and schemas are
>> under the "OpenBMC" OEM namespace?
>>

> I suggest getting started with a survey of what the project has. Given
> that we have Redfish Oem.OpenBMC Properties, we should document them
> (suggest: docs/designs/Redfish-Oem-Resources.md and using a format
> similar to the Redfish spec).  Doing so will help:
> - users know what to expect from the interfaces,
> - developers to understand the interface, and
> - the OpenBMC community to help move these fields into the Redfish spec.
>
> The proposed Redfish-Oem-Resources document would serve as a good focal
> point for collaboration within OpenBMC as to how we want to extend the
> Redfish spec.

There is already schema checked in for everything Oem, refer
https://github.com/openbmc/bmcweb/tree/master/static/redfish/v1/schema

OemAccountService
OemComputerSystem
OemManager

Redfish uses schema to define these things, I'd rather continue using
the schema files instead of creating a new document that could become
out of date quickly.