New repo for System Fatal Error Diagnostics for POWER Systems

zshelle zshelle at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Mar 6 05:27:10 AEDT 2019

On 2019-02-28 10:38, zshelle wrote:
> The design proposal is here:
> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/openbmc/docs/+/18591/
>
> In the design proposal, I indicated we need a repo for the analyzer
> side and the isolator side of the diagnostics. The analyzer side will
> all be OpenBMC specific code. That is the easy one. The isolator side
> will be common code used throughout several projects within OpenPOWER
> in addition to its application in OpenBMC. It's been pointed out to me
> that there will be some convenient advantages to putting this isolator
> repo in the OpenBMC project. However, it will be used heavily in
> several OpenPOWER projects. I should point out that while the isolator
> is currently geared towards POWER, it has the potential to be used on
> other architectures in the future. I would appreciate any input on
> this topic.

Is there enough information in the proposal to at least get the repos
created? Sorry to push, but I want to get these repos created before I
am out on paternity leave starting this Friday.

For the analyzer, I was thinking of openpower-hw-diags or something
along those lines.

I could use some suggestions for the isolator. It sounds like it could
be used by more than POWER.