New repo for System Fatal Error Diagnostics for POWER Systems

zshelle zshelle at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Mar 1 03:38:35 AEDT 2019

The design proposal is here:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/openbmc/docs/+/18591/

In the design proposal, I indicated we need a repo for the analyzer side
and the isolator side of the diagnostics. The analyzer side will all be
OpenBMC specific code. That is the easy one. The isolator side will be
common code used throughout several projects within OpenPOWER in
addition to its application in OpenBMC. It's been pointed out to me that
there will be some convenient advantages to putting this isolator repo
in the OpenBMC project. However, it will be used heavily in several
OpenPOWER projects. I should point out that while the isolator is
currently geared towards POWER, it has the potential to be used on other
architectures in the future. I would appreciate any input on this topic.