OpenBMC on eMMC NAND

Adriana Kobylak anoo at linux.ibm.com
Tue Jun 18 04:15:22 AEST 2019

On 2019-06-17 11:26, Adriana Kobylak wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Joel and I have been working on getting OpenBMC to run on an eMMC NAND.
> For the kernel, there'll be some patches coming to support it.
> For the rootfs, the proposal is to have an ext4 filesystem, and use
> lvm for volume management, which allows for dynamic partitioning.

I'll be filling up a design doc to document this proposal. Also we don't
have documentation for the currently supported filesystems, so I'll be
pushing up new docs based on Milton's writeup[2] to document the
existing
implementations. The initial commit to propose a subdir to hold these
upcoming docs is in gerrit for review[3].

[2] https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2017-August/008703.html
[3] https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/22666