which licenses are allowed for OpenBMC projects

Wim Vervoorn wvervoorn at eltan.com
Mon Apr 15 19:50:22 AEST 2019

Hello,

I have a non-technical question about the OpenBMC project.

If we create a custom implementation for an OpenBMC project which we deliver to a customer can we include parts that are under a BSD or a proprietary license? In this case the Yocto files would be in the tree but the code pulled in could be binary or a BSD repository?

For us it's important to make sure we understand correctly what the possibilities are.

Best regards,

Wim Vervoorn