How to configure Clock Stop Control Register

Henbin Chang henbinchang at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 15:02:22 AEST 2018

> What kernel tree are you building/booting? Can you provide a link?
> Currently we've tied the LCLK to enabling LPC2AHB bridge:
> https://github.com/openbmc/linux/blob/dev-4.13/arch/arm/boot
> /dts/aspeed-g5.dtsi#L302
> You may need to add the following to your dts if you've developed your own:
> ```
> &lpc_ctrl {
>         status = "okay";
> };

Hi Andrew,

Thanks  for your quick response.

I use dev-4.13 branch (the last commit is aca92be80c008bceeb6fb62fd1d450
b5be5d0a4f).

The aspeed-g5.dtsi I use is the same with the one in your link.

I follow your suggestion and add the following to my dts but the SCU0C[8]
is still 1b'.

&lpc_ctrl {
        status = "okay";
};

Even I directly change the status of lpc_ctrl to 'okay'  in the
aspeed-g5.dtsi,  the SCU0C[8] is still 1b'.
lpc_ctrl: lpc-ctrl at 0 {
     compatible = "aspeed,ast2500-lpc-ctrl";
     reg = <0x0 0x80>;
     clocks = <&syscon ASPEED_CLK_GATE_LCLK>;
     status = "okay";
 };

devmem 0x1e6e200c 32
0xFFCDBF8B