clang-fromat-ignore

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Thu Aug 9 05:44:03 AEST 2018

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 11:43 AM, James Feist
<james.feist at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On 08/08/2018 11:25 AM, Patrick Venture wrote:
>>
>> I haven't been able to find a good answer on this, but from reading
>> the man page, there's no built-in mechanism for having clang-format
>> skip some files.  I wanted to check on this before fixing the script
>> that calls clang-format in our CI.  I've added a submodule to a
>

> I'm not sure how the CI handles this, but if the clang-format is ran before
> the submodule init, and each build is from a clean tree, shouldn't that
> work?

That must be my local CI running issue - that I've initialized it.
This is going to make running locally more difficult, but thanks --
that indicates it'll be fine.
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/openbmc/phosphor-ipmi-flash/+/11859/
for an example of it fine.