Licensing Question

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Thu Aug 9 08:45:54 AEST 2018

So, I've spent the last hour trying to submodule my way to using
ipmitool.  I've managed to get it compiling for just the one file I
need (or want).  However, then I try to link it and then more failures
for things that are missing, such as helper methods.  So, then I add
the file that has those, and then it doesn't compile because that file
doesn't compile.  This is of course, not compiling with the -Werror
flag among other things with gcc.

So, I can keep battling this, or I can ask -- the license for the
ipmitool just says I need to keep a copy of the license with the
source if I reuse it.  So, I can do that, and I can hack it up to work
-- but where I'm curious is -- how does that impact the license of
phosphor-ipmi-flash?

(Some of the things where gcc is complaining, I can go ahead and
submit patches to fix.)

Patrick