OpenBMC on Raspberry PI 3.

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Sat Oct 7 08:28:43 AEDT 2017

On Sat, 7 Oct 2017, at 03:29, Rick Altherr wrote:
> When you run  export TEMPLATECONF=meta-openbmc-machines/meta-
> openpower/meta-ibm/meta-palmetto/conf, you are telling the build system
> that you want to build images for the BMC processor used on the Palmetto
> machine (Aspeed AST2400).  That image won't boot on a RaspberryPi.  What
> you'll need to do is create a new layer in meta-openbmc-machines for a
> RaspberryPi that includes the raspberrypi layer, specifies the correct
> kernel device tree, etc.

 As a heads-up, some of this work has already been done:

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/tree/master/meta-openbmc-machines/meta-evb/meta-evb-raspberrypi/conf

It was added in this change:

https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/508/

I don't think it was thoroughly tested and it has probably bit-rotted,
but maybe it's existence will flatten out the learning curve a bit.

Cheers,

Andrew