OpenBMC on Raspberry PI 3.

Rick Altherr raltherr at google.com
Sat Oct 7 03:59:36 AEDT 2017

When you run  export TEMPLATECONF=meta-openbmc-machines/meta-
openpower/meta-ibm/meta-palmetto/conf, you are telling the build system
that you want to build images for the BMC processor used on the Palmetto
machine (Aspeed AST2400).  That image won't boot on a RaspberryPi.  What
you'll need to do is create a new layer in meta-openbmc-machines for a
RaspberryPi that includes the raspberrypi layer, specifies the correct
kernel device tree, etc.  Take a look at the meta-ast2500-evb and
https://github.com/Nuvoton-Israel/meta-bsp-nuvoton/tree/master/meta-openbmc-machines/meta-evb/meta-evb-nuvoton/meta-evb-npcm750/conf
for examples of what a machine to support an evaluation board (evb) looks
like.