FFDC tool?

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jul 27 10:23:31 AEST 2017

So, I spotted https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/4881/ (well, an
associated internal bug report), and it appears there is a FFDC tool in
existence?

(FFDC seems like a bit of an IBM specific term, First Failure Data
Capture - i.e. gather all the things when something goes wrong and
attach it to a bug report)

I'm wondering where I missed any announce/info on its availability and
use?

Perhaps an idea would be to put it in the motd and/or /etc/issue(.net)
so that it's prominently documented (we do this for petitboot for
OpenPOWER host firmware, and I think that helps)?

--
Stewart Smith
OPAL Architect, IBM.