Adding new platform

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 06:53:56 AEST 2017

On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 8:18 PM, sachin naik <sacnaik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I need to add new platform to openBMC. My platform is based on AST2500 SOC.
> I have created BSP layers on BSP and added all required linux standard
> drivers for my platform. I brought up the openBMC on my platform. Now I need
> a help to add all environmental device info
>
> For example I need to add all temperature sensors of my platform to BMC
> application stack so that the IPMI host/net  and REST services will work
> seamlessly.
>
> How shall I integrate my platform temperature sensors(All are hwmon class
> device) to openBMC application stack ?

Hey Sachin,

Adding in hwmon devices, is pretty easy, here's a recent example of
adding in OCC one's for Zaius:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/5258/

Here's some other examples to look at for witherspoon.  You'll want
similar files in your machine config directory.
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/4338/
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/4401/

Andrew