OT: Crowdfunding to port OpenBMC to Asus KGPE-D16

Rick Altherr raltherr at google.com
Tue Feb 28 08:24:17 AEDT 2017

I'm assuming the core work of booting u-boot and linux on the BMC used
on KGPE-D16
(AST2300?) is usable by both projects.  I'll gladly support bringup on a
new SoC as long as the patches are headed to mainline linux and u-boot.

AFAIK, the only limit on whether IBM OpenBMC can be used is the amount of
RAM and flash available.  My work on a Quanta Q71L has it booting on an
AST2400 with 128MB of RAM and 32MB of flash.

My concerns with contributing to the campaign are that I don't understand
what work is planned and where those changes will end up.

Rick

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 1:15 PM, Timothy Pearson <