Discussion on IPMI provider libraries

Brendan Higgins brendanhiggins at google.com
Tue Nov 8 07:25:18 AEDT 2016

Sharing the provider libraries makes sense; my first area of concern is the
API; I am currently working on a change to the API (see
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/841/ for details); I would prefer
you do not make any changes to the current API, but understand if the need
arises before my change is ready.

Could you elaborate on how you plan on enforcing privilege? Having each
provider check privilege level seems like a leaky abstraction to me; I
think it would make more sense to have privilege managed by the host-ipmid
and the net-ipmid.

As far as the actual details concerning phosphor-net-ipmid: I do not have
strong opinions on the matter as Google has no intention of using IPMI over
LAN at this time, but would welcome discussion on the matter nonetheless.

Cheers