creating PCI-related sysfs entries

Grant Grundler grundler at parisc-linux.org
Wed Feb 1 09:48:52 EST 2006

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 03:08:05PM -0600, linas wrote:
> Related to the PCI error recovery. I'm not sure how to conceptually
> peg this: one could say that it is the driver for a specific type
> of pci-host bridge, although the code is not currently structured
> as such. Should I try to restructure it as such? If so, I'm not
> clear on how to proceed; I can't say I've clearly seen a kernel
> abstraction of a pci-host bridge device onto which to staple myself.

AFAIK, no pci-host device abstraction exists.
Each arch deals with pci-host bridges as it sees fit.

But access methods to some PCI features are abstracted:
o method access to CFG space
o method to register IRQs
o advertise MMIO/IO Port routing.

Sounds like you want to add another method for error recovery
stats/control.

grant