spufs: User space thread library

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed Oct 5 23:07:41 EST 2005

On Dinsdag 04 Oktober 2005 03:18, Geoff Levand wrote:

> OK, I set up an autoconf based build system.  I moved some things
> around to make coding the makefiles easier.  I also found a conflict
> with the system's spe.h, so renamed that file.

We have found the same problem independently and already changed to
'libspe.h'. The contents of the current 'mfc.h' will be merged into
that as well.

> I put the results here:
>
> http://tree.celinuxforum.org/downloads/libspe-0.9-autoconf-05.10.03.18.01.19.tar.bz2
>
> Its just a first cut.  I think more work is needed in setting up
> the spu compiler.  Also, more work is needed to make the scripts
> in the tools directory use the host's cross toolchain.

Actually, I thought of using only autoconf, but not automake and libtool.
We don't really have a complicated setup, so I'd prefer to avoid the
extra overhead from those tools.

Do you see a strong reason to use them?

	Arnd <><