spufs: User space thread library

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Tue Oct 4 11:18:25 EST 2005

Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Dunnersdag 29 September 2005 20:24, Geoff Levand wrote:
>
>>I noticed some parts of the package are not very cross-build
>>friendly. �Have you thought about using an autoconf based
>>build system?
>>

> I think we now have some very rudimentary cross build support
> in our internal version, basically just setting CROSS and
> DESTDIR to some predefined values when not building on a
> ppc64 system.
>
> A patch to add a configure.ac is certainly welcome ;-)

OK, I set up an autoconf based build system.  I moved some things
around to make coding the makefiles easier.  I also found a conflict
with the system's spe.h, so renamed that file.  I put the results
here:

http://tree.celinuxforum.org/downloads/libspe-0.9-autoconf-05.10.03.18.01.19.tar.bz2

Its just a first cut.  I think more work is needed in setting up
the spu compiler.  Also, more work is needed to make the scripts
in the tools directory use the host's cross toolchain.

-Geoff