srp.h and viosrp.h

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Sat Dec 20 02:32:40 EST 2003

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 01:38:46AM -0600, David Boutcher wrote:

> owner-linuxppc64-dev at lists.linuxppc.org wrote on 12/11/2003 11:08:03 PM:
> > I just had a look at srp.h and viosrp.h in drivers/scsi in the ameslab
> > 2.4 tree.  These can't be submitted in their present form.  Firstly,
> > they have no copyright notice, and secondly, they have no comments at
> > the top explaining what the files are and what they relate to (and
> > very few comments explaining the definitions mean).  Finally, why are
> > these files in drivers/scsi rather than include/something?
>
> Ya, Hollis already made similar comments.  I'm in Germany right now with
> limited access to the network, so I'll fix them up next week.
>
> I debated where they should live....they are very SCSI oriented, so
> drivers/scsi seemed like a reasonable place.  A fact that will be clearer
> once I put comments in them :-)
>
> Dave Boutcher
> IBM Linux Technology Center

Is this the same SRP I keep hearing about in Infiniband? If so, are we
going to wind up with conflicts with infiniband drivers?

Have you take a look at the sourceforge infiniband stack at all? (the
only open source stack I know of so far)

This sounds like something that should go in include/ somewhere, and we
ought to try and work with other people working on it elsewhere.

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer at drgw.net