code review requests

Greg KH gregkh at us.ibm.com
Wed Dec 17 08:04:18 EST 2003

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 02:16:02PM -0600, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> Seriously, it seems to me that the "gets dropped" option ends up
> happening pretty frequently, unless you're working in an area that's
> personally interesting to the maintainer. (That goes for email RFCs as
> well, private or public.) Those areas of interest may not coincide with
> work assignments you've been given...

That's the joy/headache of dealing with the opensource community :)

But telling someone that they need to review your patch by a specific
date would do nothing more than piss off a overworked maintainer.  It's
just bad form, just like sending email questions privately to them:
	http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/news/?newsitem=11

greg k-h