code review requests

Hollis Blanchard hollisb at us.ibm.com
Wed Dec 17 07:16:02 EST 2003

On Tuesday, Dec 16, 2003, at 11:29 US/Central, Greg KH wrote:

> First off, don't say anything.  Almost all maintainers are very
> responsive.

That hasn't been my experience, at least... Maybe you've found some
maintainers who aren't overworked?! :)

Seriously, it seems to me that the "gets dropped" option ends up
happening pretty frequently, unless you're working in an area that's
personally interesting to the maintainer. (That goes for email RFCs as
well, private or public.) Those areas of interest may not coincide with
work assignments you've been given...

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center