[Linuxppc-users] Shibboleth (v2) for Linux on Power?

Steve Munroe sjmunroe at us.ibm.com
Fri Jun 16 22:43:39 AEST 2017

"Linuxppc-users" <linuxppc-users-bounces
+sjmunroe=us.ibm.com at lists.ozlabs.org> wrote on 06/16/2017 01:49:10 AM:

> From: <Tommi.Sihvo at tieto.com>
> To: <linuxppc-users at lists.ozlabs.org>
> Date: 06/16/2017 02:10 AM
> Subject: [Linuxppc-users] Shibboleth (v2) for Linux on Power?
> Sent by: "Linuxppc-users" <linuxppc-users-bounces
> +sjmunroe=us.ibm.com at lists.ozlabs.org>
>
> Hi all;
>

> We are using one open source product called shibboleth:  https://
> shibboleth.net/
>
> And would need a package (actually specific version (v2) of the
> product)   to be run on ppcle64 (RHEL 73 LE)
>
> Would anyone have some clue where to dig in for that?

Start with their own website:
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/NativeSPLinuxInstall

Looks like they only support x86. Looks like they assume that Linux only
runs on Intel :-/

Then look at the RPMfind.net:
https://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=shibboleth-sp

Looks like openSUSE has a shibboleth sp2 ppc64le rpm. But I don't see one
for RHEL, CentOS or Fedora. Perhaps you could check with fedora team
directly.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/

Lastly you can check the Linux on Power Developer Portal:
https://developer.ibm.com/linuxonpower/

Steven J. Munroe
Linux on Power Toolchain Architect
IBM Corporation, Linux Technology Center