[Linuxppc-users] Live VM disk removal failure

Michael Ellerman mpe at ellerman.id.au
Thu Jul 6 16:41:14 AEST 2017

Ricardo Marin Matinata <rmm at br.ibm.com> writes:

> Also, "for the archives", the reason you won't need rpadlpar_io module
> (and linux-image-extra-*) on 16.10 and onwards is because ppc64-diag no
> longer requires it in more recent versions.

No longer requires it under some circumstances AFAICS?

  static int check_kmods(void)
  {
  	struct stat sbuf;
  	int rc;

  	/* We only need to do this for PHB/SLOT/PCI operations */
  	if (usr_drc_type == DRC_TYPE_PCI || usr_drc_type == DRC_TYPE_PHB ||
  	    usr_drc_type == DRC_TYPE_SLOT)
  		return 0;

  	/* We don't use rpadlar_io/rpaphp for PCI operations run with the
  	 * -v / virtio flag, which relies on generic PCI rescan instead
  	 */
  	if (usr_drc_type == DRC_TYPE_PCI && pci_virtio)
  		return 0;

Or is it always run with "-v" these days?

cheers