[Linuxppc-users] Live VM disk removal failure

Ricardo Marin Matinata rmm at br.ibm.com
Tue Jul 4 22:27:33 AEST 2017

Also, "for the archives", the reason you won't need rpadlpar_io module
(and linux-image-extra-*) on 16.10 and onwards is because ppc64-diag no
longer requires it in more recent versions.

Saudações / Best Regards,
--
Ricardo Marin Matinata
STSM, Linux, KVM and Cloud on POWER

"Linuxppc-users" <linuxppc-users-bounces+rmm=br.ibm.com at lists.ozlabs.org>
wrote on 06/29/2017 04:08:34 PM:

> From: "Samuel D Matzek" <smatzek at us.ibm.com>
> To: furmanek at linux.vnet.ibm.com
> Cc: linuxppc-users at lists.ozlabs.org
> Date: 06/29/2017 04:15 PM
> Subject: Re: [Linuxppc-users] Live VM disk removal failure
> Sent by: "Linuxppc-users" <linuxppc-users-bounces
> +rmm=br.ibm.com at lists.ozlabs.org>
>
> Thanks Leo, Rafael, and Jason.
>
> Following your pointers I was able to get the hot plug of volumes
> working through OpenStack.
>
> For the record, and mail archive searching purposes, the Ubuntu 16.
> 04 cloud image from Canonical did not have ppc64-diag nor linux-
> image-extra-<version>-generic installed.
> The cloud image already had librtas2 and powerpc-utils.  I simply
> did an apt-get update followed by the install of those two packages,
> a reboot, and live attach/detach worked.
>
> Also of interest is that the 16.10 Yakkety image was different:
> ppc64-diag was in main and installed
> linux-image-extra-<version>-generic was NOT installed
> It did not have the rpadlpar module in the file system.
> However, given rpadlpar and the linux-image-extra package was not
> installed, live attach/detach works at Yakkety.

linux-image-extra-generic-<version>