[Linuxppc-users] Live VM disk removal failure

Ricardo Marin Matinata rmm at br.ibm.com
Thu Jul 6 23:41:22 AEST 2017

Michael Ellerman <mpe at ellerman.id.au> wrote on 07/06/2017 03:41:14 AM:

> Ricardo Marin Matinata <rmm at br.ibm.com> writes:
>
> > Also, "for the archives", the reason you won't need rpadlpar_io module

> > (and linux-image-extra-*) on 16.10 and onwards is because ppc64-diag
no
> > longer requires it in more recent versions.
>
> No longer requires it under some circumstances AFAICS?
>
>   static int check_kmods(void)
>   {
>      struct stat sbuf;
>      int rc;
>
>      /* We only need to do this for PHB/SLOT/PCI operations */
>      if (usr_drc_type == DRC_TYPE_PCI || usr_drc_type == DRC_TYPE_PHB ||
>          usr_drc_type == DRC_TYPE_SLOT)
>         return 0;
>
>      /* We don't use rpadlar_io/rpaphp for PCI operations run with the
>       * -v / virtio flag, which relies on generic PCI rescan instead
>       */
>      if (usr_drc_type == DRC_TYPE_PCI && pci_virtio)
>         return 0;
>

> Or is it always run with "-v" these days?

That is my understanding (unless I am missing something here):

void handle_hotplug_event(struct event *re)
{
        struct rtas_event_hdr *rtas_hdr = re->rtas_hdr;
        struct rtas_hotplug_scn *hotplug;
        pid_t child;
        int status;
        char drc_index[11];
        char count[4];
        char *drmgr_args[] = { DRMGR_PROGRAM_NOPATH, "-c", NULL, NULL,
NULL,
                        NULL, NULL, "-d4", "-V", NULL};

> cheers

Saudações / Best Regards,