Block driver Concern.

Misbah khan misbah_khan at engineer.com
Fri May 30 19:46:30 EST 2008

Hi all ...

I have devloped a test block driver on the host system. The driver is
expected to create 16 partitions on the disc and i am using a character
driver to read and write into the partitions where in i am using the request
function of the block driver.

The concern is that , after inserting the driver only one partition gets
created and not the all 16

There are few question that remained unanswered till now for me :-
1. How could we write a bulk of data to the partitions created by the device
?
2. While inserting the device How is it possible to create 16 partitions
having the same major no.
3. How do in real case we use to write/read blocks of data to/from the disc
(I have used a char driver to test )??

If any of you have worked on Block drivers or have knowledge/Experiance then
please do share it with me .

Thank You
Misbah <><
2.