linux 2.6 hangs at __delay function on Viretx 4 board

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Wed Jun 4 18:55:34 EST 2008

>>>>> "swamydp" == swamydp  <swamydp at gmail.com> writes:

 swamydp> Hi John

 swamydp> I am using UARTLITE as serial console. I do not have license
 swamydp> for UART 16550.  I have enabled the drivers for uartlite in
 swamydp> menuconfig while configuring the kernel. I have tested all
 swamydp> combinations for the kernel command line - tty0, ttyUL0,
 swamydp> ttyl0, ttyS0 but could not get uartlite to output kernel
 swamydp> printk messages.

Correct syntax is console=ttyUL0

 swamydp> Since I am using uartlite , the following settings are
 swamydp> turned off in menuconfig

 swamydp> CONFIG_SERIAL_8250=n
 swamydp> CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_CONSOLE=n

Do you have console on uartlite (CONFIG_SERIAL_UARTLITE_CONSOLE)
enabled?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard