Problem with cuImage Linux entry from old U-boot

Mike Timmons mike_timmons at trimble.com
Wed Jul 23 04:13:09 EST 2008

Related question: I'm using a newer U-boot and managing the load of the
kernel and the device tree from separate partitions of my boot media.

Having the two partitions and managing the kernel and the tree
separately is a bit cumbersome, or maybe I'm just lazy. Regardless, can
I just use that "static" file name option when I build the kernel, load
the cuImage, and just invoke

bootm <cuImageLoadAddress> ?

Will it work to just leave off the - <device tree Ram address>

I think I had it set-p right yesterday and I gave it a try, but no joy.

Can it be this simple to statically link the device tree with the kernel
build? For my application I don't see a benefit in keeping them separate
(the kernel and the tree).

Thanks,
Mike