increase lowmem value for ppc

Siva Prasad sprasad at bivio.net
Fri Jul 18 06:07:48 EST 2008

Marco Stornelli wrote:

> Upgrading to a 2.6.x kernel may solve the problem, but it needs a lot
of
> effort. Does 2.6.x kernel support 2G physical memory?

It's the same. Some architecture have 36-bit addressing, but I don't
know if the latest kernel has the support for this feature for powerpc.

I think recently there were some patches with 2.6.26-rcx to support
36-bit addressing and changed the addressing to phys_addr_t type from
unsigned long, and few other changed. I think this should be available
starting 2.6.26 version.