ml310 kernel2.6 booting problems

Ron Sass rsass at uncc.edu
Sat Jan 19 11:11:12 EST 2008

Hello All,

I have a sidewise question related to this thread.  We have
several ML-310 and ML-410 boards.  At some point, we may need
PCI but right now it is not urgent so I am not ready to invest
a lot of time yet either.  I imagine that 2.6 + PCI would be
relatively similiar for both ML-310 and ML-410...

My question is this:  Would it make sense to have a Kernel
configuration something like "VIRTEX_PCI" and a platforms
"XILINX_ML4xx" / "XILINX_ML3xx" ... or create four platforms:

  XILINX_ML300
  XILINX_ML310
  XILINX_ML40x
  XILINX_ML410

I ask now because we are working on some device drivers for
the ML410 that may work on 40x and I wondering if I should
introduce a new ML410 platform option...

Ron