ml310 kernel2.6 booting problems

Stephen Neuendorffer stephen.neuendorffer at xilinx.com
Sat Jan 19 11:35:16 EST 2008

Ron,

It might be better to start with the kernel from git.xilinx.com, which
already has an ML41x option.  The current version of EDK will also
generate support for ML410 with the PCI driver, if you are still using a
2.6.10-era kernel.

I've refrained putting the PCI stuff on git.xilinx.com, because any
non-trivial usage of it that I've tried has generated warnings.  On top
of that, the code has some interrupt values hardcoded in the ALI
southbridge code.  Since there is no way to have this code pushed into
mainline, I'm not terribly interested in encouraging any work on it,
either.  Perhaps since there is so much interest in this code, someone
would like to get it working in ARCH=powerpc?  I'm happy to provide some
handholding to get someone started.

Steve

-=

http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-embedded/2007-December/029211.html

> > > How much work would it be (approximated), and do you think I can
success =
> > (I'm a novice, like you know)?
> > > Would you help me (Tell me where to start & what to do)?
> >
> > Hi Joachim,
> >
> > I was also interested in getting the PCI to run on the ML-310.  I
did
> > spend an evening trying to integrate a patch sent over by Stephen
> > Neuendorffer from Xilinx.  I managed to get everything to compile
> > (basically I fixed a few missing macros and had to search a bit to
> > ensure that the memory mapping was correctly ported).
Unfortunately,