Mounting PRAMFS support

Pieter phenning at vastech.co.za
Tue Aug 12 20:02:43 EST 2008

Hi,

Im using a ppc85xx processor with Denx ELDK (4.1) The board  has 512MB
DDR2 and the board config reserves 64M for pram. during bootup the
mem=$mem argument is passed to the linux kernel command line and linux
boots successfully.

I am unable to mount the PRAMFS - all documentation leads me to use

mount -t pramfs -o physaddr=0x1c000000,init=0x4000000 none /mnt

witch fails with the message:
mounting none on /mtd failed: no such devise

I have tried mounting using busybox v1.3  that comes with ELDK4.2 and
with busybox v1.10 and have not had success.
Can anyone help

--
Pieter Henning
VASTech