Mounting PRAMFS support

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 13 04:11:38 EST 2008

Dear Pieter,

In message <48A15FC3.3060008 at vastech.co.za> you wrote:

> Im using a ppc85xx processor with Denx ELDK (4.1) The board  has 512MB
> DDR2 and the board config reserves 64M for pram. during bootup the
> mem=$mem argument is passed to the linux kernel command line and linux
> boots successfully.

So what are the exact boot messages of your kernel?

-------------------------------------------------------------^^^^
> witch fails with the message:
> mounting none on /mtd failed: no such devise

/mnt != /mtd

There is something worng, probably your description. It would be
better if you showed the precise commands and outpout from your
target system.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Open the pod bay doors, HAL."                    - Dave Bowman, 2001