simpleboot

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 11:09:17 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 15:43 -0400, David H. Lynch Jr. wrote:
> Grant Likely wrote:
> > make simpleImage.<boardname>
> > - or -
> > make simpleImage.initrd.<boardname>
> >
> > The makefile will use arch/powerpc/boot/dts/<boardname>.dts for the device tree.
>     Thanks, I suspected most of that. But I have not see simpleboot in
> Linus's tree yet,
>     so I have to back port the patch from the paulus tree and that makes
> it harder to just try it.

simpleboot is in Linus' tree now.  It went in with the first pull
request paulus sent for .26.

I don't understand that comment anyway though.  If you're working with a
PowerPC board, why aren't you using the powerpc tree (paulus') to begin
with?  "Backporting" pieces of it to some other tree seems to be a waste
of time to me...

josh