simpleboot

David H. Lynch Jr. dhlii at picocomputing.net
Thu Apr 24 05:43:59 EST 2008

Grant Likely wrote:
> make simpleImage.<boardname>
> - or -
> make simpleImage.initrd.<boardname>
>
> The makefile will use arch/powerpc/boot/dts/<boardname>.dts for the device tree.
    Thanks, I suspected most of that. But I have not see simpleboot in
Linus's tree yet,
    so I have to back port the patch from the paulus tree and that makes
it harder to just try it.

    I am correct in assuming that if I have my .config otherwise
properly setup for initramfs that
    it is going to merge the kernel, dts, and initramfs into a single
image ?

    and is initramfs the plain or initrd target the correct one for
initramfs ?

--
Dave Lynch                                          Pico Computing, Inc.
Software Development                                      Embedded Linux