Firmware Support for USB Hub

Misbah khan misbah_khan at engineer.com
Fri Nov 23 19:45:51 EST 2007

This is the reply that i got from the Freescale :-

Reply from Freescale

We recommend using the MPC8272 USB controller.
We know that customers use the MPC8272/MPC8248 USB controller.
You can find also USB drivers in Linux software for the MPC8272.
For example Linux BSP for Freescale MPC8272ADS contains USB slave
driver
(http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?nodeId=0127260061033202A5).

Linux USB driver is available in the Arabella Linux
(http://www.arabellasw.com/products-pow2.php).

If the MPC8272 is USB host, the transaction-level interface can be used.

Note: The MPC8272 USB does not support high-speed mode. It can
operate on low-speed mode (1.5MHz) or full-speed mode (12MHz).

Can any body comment on this and help me how to start with and requirement
is this :-

I need a USB Hub to be connected to the PPC8248 board with Montavista Linux
2.6.10
on it what shall i do to achive it ....????The challenges you already know

Hoping for the the Help ...