how to improve linux tcp/ip(UDP) efficiency on mpc8541 833Mhz.

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Tue Nov 13 22:32:20 EST 2007

huangyun at coship.com schrieb:
 > hi,everbody:
 >       I have run linux-2.6.15 on my mpc8541 custom board. but when i test
 > TSEC use UDP, i found it's efficinecy is lower.
 > my test enviroment: i only run a UDP recieve program and not to handle data
 > recieved. when i recevie 400Mbps data, 79% of MPC8541 have be consumed.
 > so i think tcp/ip protocal have consume my mpc8541 resource.  i dont know
 > how to improve tcp/ip code or TSEC driver(gianfar.c).
 >       can somebody help me ?

Hmm... you should first try one of the current kernels and check the
performance there.
For further details about linux networking, I recommend you to contact
the guys at the netdev list, giving lots of details how you do your
benchmarking and how your workload looks like.

Regards,

Clemens Koller
R&D Imaging Devices
Anagramm GmbH