CLI for embedded system

pjmaiya pjmaiya at signal-networks.com
Wed Feb 21 22:48:32 EST 2007

Dear Ben,
     I have tried following option, with host as ppc_8xx, since we are using
mpc860 processor and  also we are using montavista provided compiler
(ppc_8xx).
Our embedded target runs on montavista linux with mpc860 processor and
compiler given by monta vista(hard hat linux).

host$ ./configure --host=ppc_8xx --build=i686 CC=ppc_8xx-gcc

We are getting error ppc_8xx unkown host at some stage. When we further
investigated "clish" code we found that we need to add our new architecture
in aux_scripts/configure.sub file. We have successfully built that part. But
for some libarary we are getting error in /usr/lib/libbstd++, but we need to
change this path..only option left for us to change in "configure" file
which requires autoconf tool..Also we need to change some thing in
"configure.in". We are little bit stuck in this part..Can U help in this
regard.. Writing our make for clish is massive work!!!

thanx for help.
-pjmaiya