CLI for embedded system

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Thu Feb 22 02:29:13 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 17:18 +0530, pjmaiya wrote:
> Dear Ben,
>      I have tried following option, with host as ppc_8xx, since we are using
> mpc860 processor and  also we are using montavista provided compiler
> (ppc_8xx).
> Our embedded target runs on montavista linux with mpc860 processor and
> compiler given by monta vista(hard hat linux).
>
> host$ ./configure --host=ppc_8xx --build=i686 CC=ppc_8xx-gcc
>
> We are getting error ppc_8xx unkown host at some stage. When we further
> investigated "clish" code we found that we need to add our new architecture
> in aux_scripts/configure.sub file. We have successfully built that part. But
> for some libarary we are getting error in /usr/lib/libbstd++, but we need to
> change this path..only option left for us to change in "configure" file
> which requires autoconf tool..Also we need to change some thing in
> "configure.in". We are little bit stuck in this part..Can U help in this
> regard.. Writing our make for clish is massive work!!!

I really doubt you need to mess with any of these files.  Have you tried
the host parameter that I suggested (--host=ppc-linux-gnu)?  I believe
that worked for me, but it's been a while.

Unfortunately I can't spare any time on this right now.  Have you
checked to see if there's a mailing list for the clish project?  I
imagine building this for a 32-bit PowerPC has been done before many
times over.

regards,
Ben