CLI for embedded system

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Fri Feb 16 03:07:38 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 17:09 +0530, pjmaiya wrote:
> hi,
>     I have successfully complied and used 'clish' in host system (i686
> machine)
> But I need to port the same for PPC platform. Can anyone suggest me how to
> do the same.
>
> thanx in advace,
> pjmaiya

Like many other projects, I believe this one uses autoconf (I think
that's the term).  As a starting point, try:

host$ ./configure --host=ppc-linux-gnu --build=i686 CC=
${CROSS_COMPILE}gcc

/* Monitor the output of configure to make sure that everything looks
kosher.  You'll probably want to add a "--prefix=" option that tells it
where to place the end result, and there may be other options you want
too.  Read and understand the Makefile that configure creates.  Then:

host$ make

I reiterate - this is only a starting point.  This may not compile
cleanly and you will need to experiment a bit, I'm sure.  Hopefully it's
not too bad, but these projects can sometimes be a pain to get exactly
as you want.

regards,
Ben