Linux doesn not boot from u-boot on ML403

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Thu Aug 30 01:17:32 EST 2007

On 8/29/07, Miroslaw Dach <miroslaw.dach at psi.ch> wrote:
> Hi Grant,
>
>         My zImage.elf has 1.1 MB and uImage 968 KB.
> Could you tell me please how to hook up GDB to debug u-boot?

Ah-HA!  You're using the wrong type of kernel image.  When booting
from u-boot, you should be using a 'uImage', not a 'zImage.elf'.
(generated with 'make uImage' in the kernel tree).  An you should use
the 'bootm' command to boot the kernel.

With bootm, u-boot can pass parameters to the kernel and it is u-boot
that does the uncompression (instead of the zImage wrapper).

Cheers,
g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.