STK5200 pci_enable_device problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 28 04:58:53 EST 2007

In message <46D26E3F.8040309 at sympatec.com> you wrote:

>  >> It's not so easy to compile the PLX drivers on the 4.1 ELDK because of
>  >> missing headers in the ppc architecture. I managed to build the drivers
>  >> for the 2.6.19 kernel and I was able to work with the card except the
>  >> DMA routines (still working on this issue).
>  >
>  > WHy don't you use the arch/powerpc configuration, then? Note that the
>  > STK5200 has never been supported in a  2.6  kernel  with  a  arch/ppc
>  > configuration.
>  >

> Because I found at least a lite5200 configuration in the 4.1 ELDK
> (2.6.19.2 kernel) in the ARCH/ppc architecure. With ARCH/powerpc I only

You will find many completely unsupported board configurations in the
kernel.org tree, too. The fact that somethign  is  present  does  not
mean anything.

> Is there support for the TQM5200 and the STK5200 with ARCH/powerpc in
> newer kernels? I'm still using the 3.1.1 ELDK for the TQM5200 as it have
> everything I need and I don't need to use the PLX card in this board
> (although it would have been nice if I got it working...).

The TQM5200 / STK5200 are supported in our linux-2.6-denx  tree  with
an  arch/powerpc  configuration; also lite5200b. Note that - like all
MPC5200 support in the 2.6 kernel - this is all work in progress.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It is dangerous to be right on a subject  on  which  the  established
authorities are wrong.                                    -- Voltaire