STK5200 pci_enable_device problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 27 07:10:21 EST 2007

In message <46CD3618.70801 at sympatec.com> you wrote:

> Which ELDK and kernel do you use? I had the same problem on this board
> with a PLX9054 based PCI card on a 2.4.25 kernel. I switched to the 2.6
> kernel and the 4.1 ELDK and the card was scanned correctly.
> But keep in mind that the linux PLX drivers do not work out of the box
> with a big endian platform like the MPC5200. Although there is a
> BIG_ENDIAN flag in the makefiles there are still some places left in the
> driver code which have to be patched (the parts with int64 adresses).
> It's not so easy to compile the PLX drivers on the 4.1 ELDK because of
> missing headers in the ppc architecture. I managed to build the drivers
> for the 2.6.19 kernel and I was able to work with the card except the
> DMA routines (still working on this issue).

WHy don't you use the arch/powerpc configuration, then? Note that the
STK5200 has never been supported in a  2.6  kernel  with  a  arch/ppc
configuration.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"When the only  tool  you  have  is  a  hammer,  you  tend  to  treat
everything as if it were a nail."                    - Abraham Maslow