8555CDS BSP on 8548CDS board

mike zheng mail4mz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 06:47:48 EST 2007

Hi Andy,

Uboot is fine, I will re-use the current uboot on 8548CDS board. But the BSP
linux kernel is 2.6, I have to use 2.4 kernel.

I merged E500 support (8548CDS BSP and Kernel) from 2.6 back to my
2.4source tree. I managed to make the serial port driver (Poll mode)
working. The code already passed "console_init()". However the console does
NOT come out. What shall I check, exception, interrupt or decrementor?

Thus I am think to re-start from a 8555CDS BSP on 2.4 kernel, and modify
it for 8548CDS board. I am not sure which approach is easier. Maybe both are
difficult for me. :-(

Thanks,