8555CDS BSP on 8548CDS board

Andy Fleming afleming at freescale.com
Sat Aug 25 04:38:43 EST 2007

On Aug 24, 2007, at 11:00, mike zheng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was told Freescale's 8555CDS board is very similar to 8548CDS
> board. I just wonder what exactly the differences are. can I just
> put the 8555CDS BSP onto the 8548CDS board?
>
> Thanks  in advance,

The 8555 u-boot is different from the 8548 u-boot.  There are also
differences in the device-tree (I'm not sure what version of the
kernel is in the BSP, so I can't say for sure).  Recent versions of
the Linux kernel merged all of the CDS systems into one kernel.

As for the differences, off the top of my head:

* 8555 vs 8548 chip
* PCI slot on the carrier card is PCI on 8555, PCIe on 8548.
* 8548 has 4 eTSECs, 8555 has 2 TSECs (and the # of ethernet ports
reflects this).

Andy