some question about linux kernel in embed system

Pedro Luis D. L. carcadiz at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 17 18:42:23 EST 2007

> Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:15:53 +0800
> From: lim at taicom.com.cn
> To: carcadiz at hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: RE: some question about linux kernel in embed system
>
> thanks !
> how to pass the console parameter ? where is these?
> when I make menuconfig, there is Console drivers option, and i choose something at discretion. but the kernel is not go on!
> I need your help !
> This is my msn: lim.live at msn.com

You should modify the "bootargs" parameter in the u-boot console. U-boot passes this value to the kernel at boot time. Your "bootargs" parameter should include something like "console=ttyS0,115200" or similiar, where ttyS0 should be the console device's name (in MPC5200 is, for example, ttyPSC0) and 115200 is the baudrate used by the console to communicate with your host computer.

Regards,
Pedro.