Ramdisk Vs NFS

Siva Prasad sprasad at bivio.net
Wed Apr 25 13:16:48 EST 2007

Hi,

What is the primary difference between Ramdisk and NFS with respect to
the wait_queue's?

If I use ramdisk, every thing works fine, but with NFS (or you may read
as 'no ramdisk') kernel/sched.c:__wake_up_common() routines has a
problem. Basically the value of "&q->task_list->next" is out of our
memory range (not between 0xc0000000 and 0xF0000000), and this causes
trouble of accessing non-existing memory.

Interesting thing is, this happens much before we even load the ramdisk
drivers.

Appreciate if any one has some insight into this.

Thanks
Siva