DHT walnut

[d]are [d]evil [c]oder, the-prince-of-flame speeder at alice.it
Tue Apr 17 07:17:41 EST 2007

hi,
i found a problem using a pci sound card in the DHT-WALNUT.
It has been correctly recognized by the kernel, the DMA feature (ppc405-dma) is setted, but the card is not working.

somebody says it is a bug, somebody says ppcboot solves the problem inizializing the pci in the correct way. I don't know, i'm using the uboot v1.1.4 and it is not working

also have a look to this

<> but i already thought so when i saw the "pci long" output
<> no BAR was assigned with an address
<> this was different some time ago
<> could be something changed in the last few months in the common pci support
<> i'll check with an ex-kollegue and let you know
<> this will take till beginning of next week though
<> hey, i just checked the source (sometimes helpful)
<> you just need to enable the host bridge configuration via an env variable
<> => setenv pciconfighost yes
<> then
<> => saveenv
<> => reset
<> after this reset the BAR1 will be configured:
<> => pci long
<> Scanning PCI devices on bus 0
<> Found PCI device 00.00.00:
<>   vendor ID =                   0x1014
<>   device ID =                   0x0156
<>   command register =            0x0006
<>   status register =             0x2210
<>   revision ID =                 0x01
<>   class code =                  0x0b (Processor)
<>   sub class code =              0x20
<>   programming interface =       0x00
<>   cache line =                  0x00
<>   latency time =                0x87
<>   header type =                 0x00
<>   BIST =                        0x00
<>   base address 0 =              0x00000000
<>   base address 1 =              0x80000008

could you help me to understand how to plug a soundcard ?
:)

best regards

--
i've pulled the plug